St Martin’s Senior School is the only co-educational independent boarding facility in southern Johannesburg.
- Boarding offers a caring, nurturing environment headed by a senior house master/mistress and assistant staff – including university-going resident interns.
- Boarding is offered on both a full and weekly basis. The Boarding House is open throughout the year except during holidays and half-term breaks.
- Boys’ boarding is accommodated in Rivett-Carnac with 27 private bedrooms.
- Girls’ boarding is accommodated in Crispen House with 16 private and double rooms available.
- Cosy, well-appointed boarding facilities, bedrooms, study, recreational and bathroom facilities.
- Each Boarding House offers a homely feeling by providing kitchenettes for the use of the boarders.
- Full meals are provided three times daily in our school diningroom by our contracted caterers: choices are provided and special dietary needs are catered for.
- Snacks are provided at break-time. Coffee, tea, Milo, juice and biscuits are always available in the respective Boarding House kitchenettes.
- Comfortable recreation rooms are provided with TV and DVD machines and DSAT is supplied.
- Supervised prep sessions are compulsory each day. There is a mentoring system in place and the boys are supervised on a ratio of 1:5. This ensures continuity and develops a caring relationship between each boy and his mentor.
- State-of-the-art computer facilities are available on the school campus to allow learners to complete homework and research tasks.
- A bus service to the local shopping centre is available every Sunday morning so boarders can do their personal shopping and have some leisure time.
- The weekend boarding experience is completed by a Sunday Evensong/Bible Study Service: our ethos values the environment in which Christian standards are reflected.
Boarding available on a full-time and weekly basis
Accommodation includes private rooms
Three full meals and snacks are provided daily.