A unique educational experience
St Martin’s School is the only co-educational independent boarding facility in southern Johannesburg that offers boarding from Grade 7 to matric.
Caring, nurturing environment
- Boarding offers a caring, nurturing environment headed by a senior house master/mistress and assistant staff.
- Boarding is offered on both a full and weekly basis. The Boarding House is open throughout the year except during holidays and half-term breaks.
- Boys’ boarding is accommodated in Rivett-Carnac with 27 private bedrooms.
- Girls’ boarding is accommodated in Crispen House with private and double rooms available.
Well-appointed boarding facilities
- Cost, well–appointed boarding facilities that offer study, recreational and well appointed communal bathroom facilities.
- Each boarding house offers a homely feeling by providing kitchenettes for the use of the boarders.
- Three full meals are provided daily in the school dining room by contracted caterers. Choice ear provide and special dietary needs are catered for.
- Snacks are provided at break-time. Coffee, tea, Milo, juice and biscuits are always available in the respective boarding house kitchenettes.
- Comfortable recreation rooms are equipped with TVs, DVD machines and DSTV.
Well supervised relationships and quality facilities
- Supervised prep sessions are compulsory each day. There is a mentoring system in place and students are supervised on a ratio of 1:5. This ensures continuity and develops a caring relationship between each student and mentor.
- State-of-the-art computer facilities are available on the school campus to allow students to complete homework and research tasks.
Convenience and care
- A bus service to the local shopping centre is available every Sunday morning to enable boarders to do their personal shopping and enjoy some leisure time.
- The weekend boarding experience is completed by a Sunday Evensong / Bible Study Service: our ethos values the environment in which Christian standards are reflected.
- Boarding available on a full-time and weekly basis
- Accommodation includes private rooms
- Three full meals and snacks are provided daily
- Boys and girls are accommodated in separate boarding houses